We want to make recycling as easy as possible for our communities. That’s why we’ve provided recycling drop containers all over the area. Just take your materials to the drop-box nearest your neighborhood.
Our Drop Boxes are conveniently located at these current locations:
- Virgie Robinson Elementary at 125 S Wehe Ave
- Grange Hall at Rd. 64 and Court St.
- Stevens Middle School at 1120 N 22nd Ave
- On the corner of 5th & Octave St
- Soccer Field at Court St. and Rd. 48
- Grigg’s Dept. Store at Columbia and 9th St.
- Ochoa Middle School at 1801 E. Sheppard
- Community U. U. Church at 2819 Sylvester St.
- McLoughlin School at Argent and Rd. 84
- Glade and Eltopia West Rd
City of Mesa
- Main St. across from the grocery
- Transfer station at Sherman & Wine Country Rd
- NW corner of Bennett Ave & 8th St
- North 9th St – next to tennis courts
- Benton City Transfer Station -N 7th & Dale Ave
- Mt Adams View & Bombing Range-across from fire station
- 40th & Van Geisen -behind Exxon
Visit any drop-box center to recycle the following:
- Newspaper – bundle and tie newspaper or place into brown paper bags. Include advertising insert.
- Aluminum and steel (“tin”) cans – Rinse and crush cans. For steel cans, remove and tuck lids into can, then crimp edges.
- Mixed paper – office paper or mail. There is no need to remove all staples, paper clips, sticky notes, or adhesive labels. White paper can be included with other types and grades of paper.
- Cardboard – break down and flatten corrugated cardboard boxes. Basin Disposal collects cardboard from businesses in Benton and Franklin counties including West Richland and Benton City. BDI donates a portion of all monies earned from cardboard collection to DARE.